Search This Blog

Thursday 15 May 2014

Lingue Mundi

 
I have recently began Lingue Mundi classes in Turkish, learning the language in case it may benefit me and my studies whilst in Cyprus. As the city I shall be living in is split half Cypriot-Turkish and Half Cypriot-Greek the language will be a mix. There was no option to learn Greek here in Coventry but hopefully there will be an opportunity at the university there, or by meeting new people to pick up new language skills. 

As part of the classes there is an organized trip to Istanbul at the end of classes to visit a partnering university there and plenty of chances to put our knowledge to the test. We were told the trip would be full of activities such as sight seeing, exploring Islands all with our Turkish tour guides so we can practice our language skills. 

After visiting China and the partnering university there, I now feel a lot more confident in traveling, meeting new people and trying to speak their language. It seems I have caught the traveling bug now and I don't know when it will end! This year is shaping up to be a very promising year of experience for me. 

NAP x


No comments:

Post a Comment